Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More about handmade dolls and bears. 'Goldielocks and The Three Bears' story continued.



One thing I have learned, always make sure you give yourself enough time for the project. So when my sister Marcie asked for this special order I found myself not knowing if little Izzy was going to get her very special Christmas present from Santa. I did work right up to the last minute. It was a very crazy week and I knew my sister was not going to receive them before she left for Christmas at her in-laws home in Atlanta Georgia.

I knew they had to be sent by Monday in order to guarantee their delivery. I was working with lightening speed. I simply had to make sure Izzy got 'The Three Bears', I knew one thing 'Goldilocks' would have to come later. I even thought their was a possibility I could make the doll in one ni ght. I was dreaming! I was so tired and devastated at the thought of their possibly not getting to their destination in time, but by Monday before Christmas on Sunday I almost had them done. I was working on their clothes. I knew for them to really rock, they had to be dressed. My sister said just simple outfits, after all they were for a baby not yet one year old. It was 2:00 PM and I was at PO and guaranteed they would be there by Friday! I was so HAPPY! Marcie and her family had barely drove up her in-laws drive and the Post Man was there, they had to sign for them (the only way I ship).

Since Izzy's birthday is February 28, 2012 I had 2 months to complete Goldie. Izzy did get her doll by her birthday. It was another special design for my precious little niece Izzy.

Handmade dolls and bears are made with love by every doll maker and bear maker. I believe we are all artist. Anyone that makes them does put their own life energy into them and in that respect I believe they are all art. Please enter my website http://Mcat.shophandmade.com . You can learn a little more about myself and my love for my 'Teddy Bears' and 'Rag Dolls'.

No comments:

Post a Comment