Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Setting up website http://Mcat.shophandmade.com

I began making 'Teddy Bears' about 12 years ago, and 'Rag dolls' about three years ago. I remember my Mom telling me to make a quilt or something like that while my eyes were good, I remember telling her if I made any thing I would make a Teddy Bear. I just really love Teddy Bears so much.

Anyway the first thing I did was bought a few good books on bear making. I definitely recommend this if you are going to make one. My first couple of bears I made out of some plush material I found in Wal Mart. Can you believe it, I sewed them all by hand. I do not know why, but I ended up buying some real mohair and I bought a book with antique patterns in it, I made about 2 bears. I sewed them completely by hand. I cut out about 5 more bear patterns and decided I was not going to sew them by hand, I was going to get a sewing machine to sew them.

So about 3 sewing machines later I am now making bears and dolls and have just set up a website http://Mcat.shophandmade.com , I am very proud of it and I hope all of you will drop by and see my work. All of my bears and dolls are very special to me. I have never wanted to sell any of them, but I really do want to share my bears with others, so I did find this website and have been setting it up daily. It is taking me awhile to figure it out, not really that tech savvy. I am learning though. It seems my friends and family really do like my dolls and bears. It seem everyone that comes over my house wants to buy a 'Rag Doll' and/or my version of 'Raggedy Ann and Andy'.

I make these dolls out of premium muslin (200 count) , 100% Bulky brown sheeps wool for hair, button eyes (made in Italy), sssstuff them very tightly with all natural bamboo stuffing. I do love these dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment